My lovely readers/ Mes superbes lectrices

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Preppy nails - Tutorial


Morning!
Hope you are having a wonderful start of the day. I was playing around with some polishes I received in a swap and came up with this cute design to match my all - white outfit. I'm not really satisfied with the end result, now I'm thinking that I should have added some white hexagons too. Oh well...

Natural light


I started with 2 coats of Models Own Lilac Dream, a purple pastel creme. 


I then used Barry M Cobalt Blue to design crossed lines. I used the polish brush but you can use a fine nail art brush if you want thinner lines.


I then used a white nail stripper over the blue lines to define them


I repeated the same step as above, but in the opposite direction. 


I finished with one coat of Seche vite.


And voila!


Thank you for reading and I would really appreciate if you link back to me when referring to this nail art, as I have not seen it yet (I might be wrong). I'll be happy to see your own version of it too! Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! So simple but so damn cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It grew on me and I like it more and more

      Delete
  2. I love this! Thanks for sharing the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Can't wait to try this, just hope mine turns out as good as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will! It's very easy I'm a newbie in nail art so I always do easy stuff :)

      Delete
    2. This is fantastic!! Thanks for the tutorial! I'll try it asap!!

      Delete
  4. Looks very cool. It also looks like it was difficult to do.
    I think I may give it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's the trick lol it's looks difficult but it's very easy :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, really cute. I thought it was complicated till I saw your tutorial... NICE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) thanks a lot, you won't see anything difficult in here lol

      Delete

I love to read all of your comments and try my best to answer to most of them. Thank you so much so making this blog lively and following its journey :) please do not spam with your blog address. I will be glad to check it if you send me an email :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...