My lovely readers/ Mes superbes lectrices

Friday, May 4, 2012

K's Special Fridays #8 - Star Bites


Good afternoon lovelies!
Today's frankens were made out of raw materials that I bought on TKB Trading, the go to place for any indie polish maker. I was interested in the Star Bites collection after seeing it on More Nail Polish blog. I caved in and ordered a sample of Shanika Sun, Marinda Star, and Cherika Moon in order to make some cool color morphing top coats. According to TKB, the Star Bites are "extra bright, small glittery iridescent color additives which appear as a white, semi-irridescent powder until rubbed on the skin, or set against a dark color."
I love them! They have a multichrome glassfleck finish and the color shift is so strong.
The following recipe is for a 15 ml bottle: Luster base (you can get it from TKB) + 8 straw scoops of each pigment. I made them super pigmented so you might want to use less. All swatches show two coats of each polish over Sation Black, without top coat.




Shanika Sun shifts from gold, to green to blue


Natural light


 Artificial light


Marinda Star shifts from pink/purple to orange/gold


Natural light


 Artificial light


Cherika Moon shifts from turquoise/blue, to purple


Natural light


Artificial light


What do you think of it?

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love all of these but Marinda Star is probably my fave <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! It's the only one that has a unique color shift

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous! Marinda Star and Shanika Sun are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. geeze - i have these but have not yet done anything with them. they look like ozotics polish! very impressive, now i want to get to working on creating something awesome with mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I just love color change topcoats!!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments and try my best to answer to most of them. Thank you so much so making this blog lively and following its journey :) please do not spam with your blog address. I will be glad to check it if you send me an email :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...